TECHNET Archives

August 2017

From:
Bev Christian <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Bev Christian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Aug 2017 11:03:43 -0400
Steve,
Is the problem the finish or does the inductor have the end of the copper
winding embedded in the bottom termination finish but it is not totally
covered by that finish?  If so, then the oxidized copper wiring is your
problem, not the termination finish.  I have run into this before. Why the
manufacturers insist on terminating the wire on the bottom rather than the
top is beyond me.

Bev