TECHNET Archives

July 2017

From:
Jose A Rios <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Jose A Rios <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Jul 2017 16:14:06 +0000
Yes there is a difference. Wicking is the presence of plated copper along glass fiber paths evident by x-section (as examined after microetch). There could be glass fractured pathways that aren’t part of the wicking evaluation. If your customer wants a more in-depth fractured glass evaluation, as part of acceptance testing or CAF (beyond just wicking measurements), they would have to specify it in the procurement documentation, as it is not a part of 6012/A600 acceptance testing.

José (Joey) Ríos, Sr QA Engineer
Mission Assurance Manager
Kavli Institute for Astrophysics & Space Research
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
(617)324-6272