TECHNET Archives

July 2017

From:
James Head <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, James Head <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Jul 2017 16:00:52 +0100
I've seen the stickyness of silicone products myself on a few items that
I've purchased. It don't think it's the humidity as these items were stored
in a dry drawer in the house, but not used for a while.

With regard to Silicone it comes in two types as I understand from a
chemist I used to work with: cured and uncured. The uncured silicone gives
off vapours that poison gas detection sensors for flammable gasses
(Pelistors). This I do know after working at Crowcon.

James

James Head BEng MIET CID+

James Head PCB Design and Engineering
11 Charmind Walk,Winterbourne Road, SWINDON, SN25 1QA
Telephone: 01793 266237
Mobile: 07870 945579
Skype: headjames
E-mail: [log in to unmask]