TECHNET Archives

July 2017

From:
Date:
Tue, 18 Jul 2017 10:51:50 -0400
the problem is mould release silicone, i believe it is small molecule
and easy to migrate and contaminate parts or assembly.  I didn't
realize lance armstrong bands are part of that... it did degrade
after few years of use... I got two, one become somewhat sticky
(never intentionally exposed to any chemical or put in  to laundry
machine).  so there are two issues (IMHO), one  is  the mould
release, the other  is the stability of the silicone  band  - many
watches use that, not just fitbit... look like your customer do have
a point...
regards,
       jk