TECHNET Archives

June 2017

From:
Richard Kraszewski <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Richard Kraszewski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Jun 2017 18:43:37 +0000
Does anyone know if a special  coating  type would be required/recommended  for a medical Ethylene Oxide sterilization process?

Of course parylene would likely be the gold standard but it is not an option in this instance.

I seem to recall that a past paper from Hunt/NPL supports  the theory that just about  all coatings are permeable to  vapors .    (~ also per 3-11G group)

If that is  truly the case  not sure if it really matters which coating it is (not AR of course). Reason I am not willing to state that yet is I wonder  if Ethylene Oxide would have any other detrimental effect on certain classes of coatings  such as yellowing, embrittlement, etc.

Any thoughts would be appreciated

Rich  Kraszewski
Senior Staff Process Engineer
Plexus Engineering Solutions

* * * * * * * * CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE * * * * * * * *

This e-mail and any attachments are confidential from Plexus Corp. and may contain information which is privileged, confidential, and/or protected by non-disclosure agreements.  They are intended solely for the use of the named addressee(s).  .  Any unauthorized use or disclosure may be unlawful.  If you are not a named addressee, you must not use, disclose, retain or reproduce all or any part of the information contained in this e-mail or any attachments If you have received this transmission in error, please destroy it and notify us immediately by return e-mail or by calling + 1 888 208 9005.