TECHNET Archives

June 2017

From:
Ken Barton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Ken Barton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Jun 2017 16:20:29 +0000
Hi,

We have not yet figured out just how we are going to sort COTS parts by safety/mission criticality based on rad tolerance and longevity etc. We don't even have a preferred Parts list so I'm looking for recommendations for where to start. It's a big question, are there reference lists of COTS parts available that I can cross check with the parts we are using? Is this something that only a dedicated/experienced component engineer usually handles (We don't have one. While I'm a +35 yr experienced layout designer charged with this high level process I'm not a EE or CE level).

Any advice/insight is much appreciated, thank you

Ken Barton CID
Technical Designer,
Avionics HW

Blue Origin, LLC