TECHNET Archives

May 2017

From:
Ed Popielarski <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Ed Popielarski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 May 2017 19:53:16 +0000
Steve,

Could it be they build the prototypes with HASL finish, and your production units are ENIG. Big difference in insertion force since you're trying to put a 0.044" part into a 0.041" hole.

Ed Popielarski

Engineering Manager

                               970 NE 21st Ct.

                              Oak Harbor, Wa. 98277

                              Ph: 360-675-1322

                              Fx: 206-624-0695

                              Cl: 360-544-2289

       “It's one kind of victory to slay a beast, move a mountain, and cross a chasm, but it's another kind altogether to realize that the beast, the mountain, and the chasm were of your own design.”

https://goo.gl/maps/mMjg43rXeFB2