TECHNET Archives

April 2017

From:
Bob Wettermann <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Bob Wettermann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Apr 2017 14:12:23 -0500
All:

We are running an experiment on the use of vapor phase reflow for a rework
process due to the excessive warpage (confirmed by and quantified by Shadow
Moire' measurements) of a specific component.We want to keep the
temperature  of the component, which is an Sn63 soldered component, as low
as possible. The balance of the board is all soldered using a SAC305 alloy.

We are "renting time" on a  local company's VP reflow oven to run the
experiments.

Last week went over the DOE and the engineer who is responsible at the
company that owns the vapor phase claims that they profile tin lead and
lead-free boards using the same fluid in the bed and just adjust the time
and heater conditions to get the right profile.

I understood that you were to match the fluid to the solder alloy/liquidus
temperature-right?

Being used in the machine is the Solvay S 230  230°C  for unleaded solder
(e.g.. SnCuAg)

Comments would be appreciated.
--
Bob Wettermann