TECHNET Archives

March 2017

From:
Robert Kondner <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 17 Mar 2017 16:10:34 -0400
Hi,

We have a PCB that turns out to require 2500VAC test for 60 seconds and we
had some flash over on pads to vias. We also have a planar ferrite
transformer with primary windings on one side.

Does anyone know of a screen on insulation material that can be used to
increase flash over voltages? I would like to get a 2 or 3 mils of material.
My other option is to have a laser cut layer of isolation but that could
leave air paths under the material.

Any other ideas welcome.

Thanks,

Bob K.