TECHNET Archives

March 2017

From:
Bhanu Sood <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Bhanu Sood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Mar 2017 14:05:14 -0500
Midweek report:

Clumpy and Kloumpios arrived safely from EU…swearing never to fly discount
airlines again, repeatedly citing experiences that are so eloquently
described in this youtube video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6pj3Fdbwng

Soon after landing at Dulles, Clumpy and Kloumpios drove to Goddard Space
Flight Center where they toured the NASA campus including an up close
viewing of the James Webb Space Telescope which just completed multi dof
vibration testing. Although a clean tent currently covers JWST, Clumpy
managed a selfie before it gets moved into the Goddard acoustics chamber
where it will be exposed to the noise levels that arise from an Ariane 5
launch. Both Clumpy and Kloumpios totally want to experience what 150
decibel racket would feel like. The boys are enjoying a warm week here in
the DC area, with the cherry blossoms almost a month ahead of schedule,
nobody’s complaining!

--
Bhanu Sood
Tel: (202) 468-8449