TECHNET Archives

March 2017

From:
Jose A Rios <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Jose A Rios <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Mar 2017 15:05:06 +0000
Hi Victor, I’m familiar with these.
http://consumables.alliedhightech.com/PCB-Indexing-Pins-p/pcbpin.htm <http://consumables.alliedhightech.com/PCB-Indexing-Pins-p/pcbpin.htm>

I believe that depending on your technique they aren’t always throwaway, they can be reused provided they aren’t damaged (bent) or buildup epoxy residue during use. The price per pin may seem high, but you have to balance that against the cost of preparing multiple mounts with one coupon each, vs a reduced number of mounts with multiple coupons per mount.

José (Joey) Ríos, Sr QA Engineer
Mission Assurance
Kavli Institute for Astrophysics & Space Research
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
(617)324-6272