TECHNET Archives

March 2017

From:
GRIVON Arnaud <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, GRIVON Arnaud <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Mar 2017 10:01:17 +0100
Dear TechNetters,

I have a coming situation where one PTH connector will be degolded and reterminated using a SAC305 solder dipping process.
Should I expect wetting/soldering concerns assuming a Tin-Lead soldering process such as wave or selective wave?

I have no experience or knowledge of such configuration and am wondering about possible issues due to short contact times between the SAC305 pin finish and the Tin-Lead solder.
Thanks in advance for your inputs.
Best regards,

Arnaud Grivon
PCB/PCBA Technology Expert
"Un expert, c'est un homme qui connaît de plus en plus sur de moins en moins de choses"
Thales/Group Industry/IPT/TP
19 - 21 avenue Morane Saulnier
Bât. Boreal - Bureau B4028A
78140 VELIZY VILLACOUBLAY
France
Tél : (+33) (0)1 70 28 23 88

Visit our website : http://<http://www.thalesgroup.com/>www.thalesgroup.com<http://www.thalesgroup.com/>
New - Accès WIKI Electronic Board Assembly : https://wiki.corp.thales/display/IIPT/Printed+Circuit+Board+Assembly
Accès Technical Standard:  https://ecm.corp.thales/Livelink/livelink.exe/open/19267331
Accès KM Hardware: https<https://ecm.corp.thales/Livelink/livelink.exe/open/thales_km_hardware>://ecm.corp.thales/Livelink/livelink.exe/open/thales_km_hardware<https://ecm.corp.thales/Livelink/livelink.exe/open/thales_km_hardware>