TECHNET Archives

March 2017

From:
"Gumpert, Ben" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Gumpert, Ben
Date:
Wed, 22 Mar 2017 20:54:26 +0000
Dick,

Solder where it's not supposed to be should be considered contamination and whether or not it affects form, fit, or function isn't always clear on an assembly or drawing - you probably need to know how the surface will be used.

I like to see criteria on the drawing stating what is allowed, or to define any critical regions (i.e. contact areas) that may be restricted from solder splashes.

Ben