TECHNET Archives

February 2017

From:
Douglas Pauls <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Douglas Pauls <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Feb 2017 13:30:34 -0600
Well, that brings up a controversial discussion.  Originally, Ivan was
going to name it Duracellium, after the institute, but oddly, the parent
company of Duracell threatened to sue, so this was not pursued.  Ivan than
proposed Interstatium, and was likewise threatened with legal action.  Ivan
was tentatively pursuing the name of Everreadium at the time of his death,
having no idea that the name was being pursued elsewhere.  And, since the
International Commission on Naming Stuff never formally adopted either
name, being comprised of stodgy old men, it remains up in the air as to
which has the greater claim to the name.  There are passionate proponents
on both sides of the fence.  So, I am not wrong.  But then, neither am I
right.  So I am half-right.

Raises the question of whether a double half fractional is a quarter
fractional?

Doug Pauls
Principal Materials and Process Engineer
Rockwell Collins