TECHNET Archives

January 2017

From:
SALA GABRIELE <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, SALA GABRIELE <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Jan 2017 22:47:26 +0100
If I am not wrong , Rashmi is looking for information about Shelf Life of PCBA  and not about PCB. So no need for further  soldering operations later on in the years...)

Unfortunately there are not IPC standards taking kare about it. It may be you can find suggestions in some MIL Stds... or  some OEM's Guidelines
Normally all is done by  harmonizing  the best practices  for storage of electronic stuff and by experience feed back .

By not having batteries or large Cap on PCBA  it  is a very good point that facilitate the storage for long period ( for instance, by not having DC bias  no risks for CAF growing or ECM  etc).

By experience, put PCBA in a ESD S bag,  if necessary sealed not only folded. Environment conditions the lower Temperature it is possible to get, and for sure the lowest RH% you can get.
With 20°C and 45-50% RH after 6 years, everything have  been running as new PCBA.

What is above written , is just experience

Regards
Gabriele