TECHNET Archives

January 2017

From:
Jose A Rios <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Jose A Rios <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Jan 2017 21:29:41 +0000
I’ve seen these types of tools used during incoming inspection of cores (for example to verify that a 1 oz / 1 oz core is indeed that, for example). Also to verify a mixed weight core as well to not get the sides mixed up before imaging (like the 1/2 oz side vs the 1 oz side of mixed weight core). But I would not recommend using these for in process quality control of plated thickness, much less for lot acceptance. Actually for lot acceptance (per the 6012, 60134, 6018 series), it is not an accepted method.

José (Joey) Ríos, Sr QA Engineer
Mission Assurance
Kavli Institute for Astrophysics & Space Research
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
(617)324-6272