TECHNET Archives

January 2017

Date:
Wed, 18 Jan 2017 17:17:32 +0000
Fellow TechNetters:

   Perhaps the third time is the charm:

   Is there any data out there regarding the integrity of a Thermal Header Solder Attachment/Bottom Termination Component solder joint integrity over time.   Most BTC that I have x-rayed exhibit some degree of voiding.   Can the solder joint voiding degrade the solder connection to a point that it would result in a shorted device internally due to heat build.   Is a solder joint a considered a Thermal Insulator?

Victor,