TECHNET Archives

January 2017

From:
David Hillman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, David Hillman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Jan 2017 16:31:52 -0600
Hi Victor - nope and if someone tells you they can, I would suggest walking
away very quickly. A number of the industry committees have chased this
question in terms of grain size, chemistry, carbon content, etc. and have
come away very unsatisfied with the results. The best way to understand a
bright acid tin versus a matte tin plating deposit is to team with the
component supplier/plater to understand the deposition characteristics of
the bath.

Dave Hillman
Rockwell Collins