TECHNET Archives

December 2016

From:
Ong Seet Leng <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Ong Seet Leng <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Dec 2016 23:19:03 +0000
Morning Technetters,

Upon reading through IPC-A-610, I came across this section which had me puzzled.  On 7.3.3 Supported Holes - Wire /Lead Protrusion, below Table 7-3, there are Note 1 to Note 3 in small prints.

Note 1:            "For components having pre-established lead lengths that are less than board thickness and the components or lead shoulders are flush to the board surface, the lead end is not required to be visible in the subsequent solder connection, see 1.4.1.5". When I flipped to that 1.4 , it is under the sub-title of Classification with no reference of 1.4.1.5.

My first thought is I better checked with you gurus out there. I hope someone will explain to me on where shall I flipped to in this case. Thanks in advance

Regards,
Ong Seet Leng