DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

December 2016

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
DesignerCouncil <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Dec 2016 10:55:39 -0600
From:
Jack Olson <[log in to unmask]>
*Kitty*,
so when you say "vias filled with soldermask and covered"
the "*and covered*" part is the adhesive?
Sorry to ask for more clarification, but I'm really interested in this.

*All,*
I inquired about the bare board quote, wondering how significant this
decision is.
My engineers are saying the bare board fabricator wants to add 25% for this
process
which in our case is over FIFTY DOLLARS PER BOARD!!!
seriously?
Can anyone share approximately what they have paid for filled vias?

(and to make sure I understood other responses:
plugged vias are not guaranteed 100%, right?
I think we need 100% because if a solder bump pokes through our thermal
insulating pad, the circuit could short out to the aluminum housing.)

thanks again,
Jack