TECHNET Archives

November 2016

From:
James Head <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, James Head <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Nov 2016 23:03:02 +0000
Just to let TechNet and Designer Council know that a few weeks ago I was
made redundant from Crowcon after 12 years working there as Senior PCB
Designer.

I was told that my work was outstanding but the company needed to make some
restructuring changes in order for the company to return to the forecast
profit, and that PCB Design work would now be done by hiring a temporary
contractor when needed.

I've seriously looked into starting contracting myself and as a result of
being helpful to other people over the years I've been rewarded with
someone lining me up for my first contract PCB Design job which started a
couple of weeks ago.

I am now back on Technet using my personal e-mail address.

One annoyance is that I've probably missed a few weeks of easy Element of
the Week Quizzes.

James Head
PCB Design Engineer