TECHNET Archives

November 2016

From:
Joyce Koo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Nov 2016 15:13:36 -0500
(1) your pwa is 1st article
(2) look like failure is after reliability test - failed rel test
(3) repair is not going cut it.  you need to find out what is wrong -
deficient design, MFG process fault? or MFG tolerance issue, Material
selection issue related to your rel test parameter:e.g. Tg is too low for
the thermal shock you intend to do... or your board is not balanced and
warp like potato chip during shock, etc. etc.
unless you FA showed you what is wrong, fix is easy - wire the net
externally (jump wire if you can do it for 1st article of function only
test... but you can forget the rel test... provide no EMI issue, high
speed or ground bounce).
my 2 cents