TECHNET Archives

November 2016

From:
Larry Dzaugis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Larry Dzaugis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Nov 2016 09:56:56 -0500
If heat caused the pad to come off the PCB should be blistered or
discolored in the area and other similar pads using the same parameter so
affected.
I have dissolved pads and knees in a tin lead Wenesco leaving the module in
for 60 seconds during a SIP replacement. It takes extreme time duration to
cause this. It was clear that the part had been in contact with solder too
long.

The pad to laminate interface or other fabrication defect per George is
suspect.