TECHNET Archives

November 2016

From:
George Wenger <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, George Wenger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Nov 2016 09:34:08 -0500
Going back to a previous comment Richard made I too would never use immersion tin as a PCB surface finish. My preference still is immersion silver. Now to Julianos comment about a pad disappearing during selective wave soldering. I can't believe a pad disappearing has any thing to do about immersion tin surface finish or selective wave soldering parameters as much as it base to do with poor PCB fabrication. I would cross section a pad before soldering to see what the copper thickness is

Sent from my iPhone