TECHNET Archives

November 2016

From:
Wayne Thayer - EXT <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Wayne Thayer - EXT <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Nov 2016 18:19:47 +0000
Galvanic series for "normal" metals is available everywhere.

Sorry, never seen data for cermet. But this data is so basic that experimental set-up for measuring it is cheap and quick.

A word of warning: Place in galvanic series is only part of the story. Some reactions immediately slow down to nearly negligible after they run for a little while because the reaction results in insulation. For example, stainless steel and aluminum work fine together. Other reactions seem to actually speed up once they get started: For example brass and aluminum (these are much closer in galvanic series than aluminum and stainless).

Wayne