TECHNET Archives

November 2016

From:
Jack Olson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Jack Olson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Nov 2016 13:20:09 -0600
Jose de Rios provided an important consideration, but it might have gotten overlooked.

Some of the Bare Board Acceptability requirements are phrased in a form similar to:
"shall not exceed 50% of the distance from board edge to nearest conductor"

If your designers are reducing that space (between edge and conductors) then it increases the chance of rejecting perfectly good boards.

I have heard that some fabricators refuse a job that is less than 11 mils clearance unless you make an agreement about the acceptability requirements with them in advance

Jack

.