TECHNET Archives

November 2016

From:
"George M. Wenger" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Nov 2016 19:00:37 +0000
Thanks Richard that was exactly what I was trying to point out. Jose, the immersion plating processes are self limiting because the chemistry has a hard time getting to the copper to replace it but the plating process don't come to a stop they asymptotically slow down. The IPC-4554 indicates the minimum plating thickness for immersion tin should be 40 microinches for solderability reasons. I'v seen immersion tin plating thickness in the 50 to 80 microinch range.