TECHNET Archives

October 2016

From:
Larry Dzaugis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Larry Dzaugis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Oct 2016 13:04:19 -0400
Take a look at the MSD.

The last SR I tried to qualify flipped out the Environment, Health and
Safety folks.
Dow said it was the same stuff but the new harmonized MSD listed it as
having carcinogens and a high flame hazard.
All of Dow's silicones had similar wording.
It was one all our EMS suppliers used when we specified it.
None in special areas.

To  bring in house had to follow new MSD.
The new spray equipment would have been ok, all the supporting equipment
and ovens had to be reviewed.
Explosion proof fittings in the immediate area.
A moat to catch any water from a fire was discussed.
Almost had to put in a blow out wall.
Felt it got out of hand.
Went to a different material.

Check it with EHS before bringing it in.

Larry Dzaugis