TECHNET Archives

October 2016

From:
Grossmann, Günter <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Grossmann, Günter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Oct 2016 15:44:37 +0000
Seeing the gold in ENIG in microsections with optical microscopy is in my experience quite difficult because the wavelength of the visible light is 400- 700 nm. Also the epoxy cannot inhibit the smearing of the Gold in mechanical polishing. We usually measure the thickness of the gold with a FIB preparation (Well, might not be an instrument that stands in all labs, thus not really cost effective).

Best regards

Günter