TECHNET Archives

October 2016

From:
David Hillman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, David Hillman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Oct 2016 10:27:11 -0500
My recommendation is to conduct a metallurgical cross-section (which is
going to not be a simple task). There are a number of possible root causes
but understanding if there is a defect in the base material (your CuSn6) or
a defect in the plating structures is going to only be resolved by a
cross-sectional analysis.

Dave Hillman
Rockwell Collins