TECHNET Archives

October 2016

From:
Date:
Mon, 17 Oct 2016 19:03:23 +0000
I would find Phil's process perfectly acceptable if your qualification X-ray showed 0 voids down in the barrel after the ball attach process, or at least some acceptable hole-fill level.

A void would not necessarily be considered a defect; unless it creates a hole-fill issue of less than 75% for class 2 and 3 product. That is highly unlikely if there is evidence of visible solder already on the target side prior to ball reflow.