TECHNET Archives

October 2016

From:
Lee Hitchens <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Lee Hitchens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Oct 2016 05:09:27 +0700
Hi all

I have a set of questions from a customer that I can't answer accurately
without guessing so I thought I would ask here.

It in regards to tropicalization of motor windings. Here goes....

One of our customers is requesting that all motors be “tropicalized”. The
motors that we have chosen for this application could not be tropicalized by
the manufacturer. I understand the motors can be disassemble and
tropicalized but that leads to a couple more questions:

Is the tropicalizing process different when it is done by a second party
instead of being performed as the motor is being assembled at the OEM?

If it is different, does it hold up just as well as tropicalization from the
OEM?
 How long does this coating last? I was told it burns off after start up and
the main use is for storing or transporting motors to humid areas.

 Thanks for your help on this.

Best Regards

Dr Lee Hitchens

Visit us at:

IPC Apex Expo, San Diego, USA, 14-16th February 2017

SCH Technologies is a Division of SCH Services Limited
Mob: +66 (95) 418 5931

www.conformalcoating.co.uk
Skype: leehitchens