TECHNET Archives

September 2016

From:
Blair Hogg <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Blair Hogg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Sep 2016 09:44:49 -0500
Hi Technetters! Getting ready for the long weekend (at least here in the US)?

I'm looking for some advice on chromate coatings. We produce a phone for mining applications, which uses a battery held in by a bracket. The bracket is chromate coated.

The most recent batch of brackets sent out to the coating house came back with a cloudy appearance to the coating. Apparently something hiccupped in their process. The process can't be repeated, so we either scrap the parts and make new ones, or use them as is. Problem is, I don't know if the cloudy appearance will affect the corrosion protection properties. Any chromate experts out there that can offer any advice on this?

Thanks,
Blair