TECHNET Archives

August 2016

From:
Carl Van Wormer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Carl Van Wormer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Aug 2016 03:40:38 +0000
I usually want my physical structural resistances to be as low as possible (conductors) or as high as possible (insulators).  Now I need an intermediate resistance, probably in the range of 100 to 1000 Ohms per square.  The application will be an electrostatic shield in an alternating field, hopefully balancing magnetic heating losses against capacitive shielding effectiveness.

I have never seen these materials offered from any of my normal sources, but I’m sure that there is something out there that will work.  It could be sheet materials, paints, or slightly conductive epoxies, or something else I haven’t thought of.  Since there is a very wide experience base on this site, I’m asking here first.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Carl

​​​​​

Carl B. Van Wormer, P.E., AE7GD

Senior Hardware Engineer

Cipher Engineering LLC

    21195 NW Evergreen Pkwy Ste 209

    Hillsboro, OR  97124-7167

    503-617-7447x303

    [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>     http://cipherengineering.com<http://cipherengineering.com/>

This message may contain confidential and/or proprietary information, and is intended for the person/entity to whom it was originally addressed. Any use by others is strictly prohibited.  If I sent this to you by mistake, please be nice and delete it, and then tell me of my mistake so I can send it to the right person.