TECHNET Archives

August 2016

From:
Date:
Tue, 30 Aug 2016 17:58:07 -0400
why you need max  min?  if  you need for reliability reason  using Pb
rich solder to relief some  strain for example, you will need to have
preform  to define min.  thickness.  Unless your design is pushed to
the limit - extreme temp included, or  try to fix someone's crappy
design at late stage, you don't use  that...  you will need (1)
process control data, (2) FEM for thermal expansion analysis for
example,  etc.- not difficult if only a bit off, but it would very
difficult if it is way off the mark (like someone selected a low Tg,
high CTE board to cut cost... scream bloody murder...).