TECHNET Archives

August 2016

From:
John Burke <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, John Burke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Aug 2016 22:41:05 +0800
The caps are prone to cracking. If they crack open circuit no problem with color change. If they start to exhibit low resistance the appearance will darken note this is not the ceramic but the coating.

If they go too low in resistance they will typically blow open circuit or short circuit. If open circuit you can recognize the progression by the discoloration due to heating. If they blow and short you typically will have a melt down including laminate burning.

Not that I have ever seen it.......8-).  ROFL

Best regards,

John Burke