TECHNET Archives

August 2016

From:
Grossmann, Günter <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Grossmann, Günter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Aug 2016 14:26:26 +0000
Hi Victor
What do you want to measure with a Curve Tracer? Leakage?
If yes you have to work in DC- Mode. If not you will measure with 50Hz and yes this gives an oval shape of the U-I graph. This is the normal hysteresis loop of a capacitor. Also you have to separate the capacitor from the rest of the circuitry otherwise thou will measure the whole environment. We also made the experience that measuring with tips is not a good idea . Better you glue two short wires to the terminations with silver filled epoxy (difficult with small capacitors, need of a stereo microscope and quiet hands).

Best regards

Günter