TECHNET Archives

August 2016

From:
Carl Van Wormer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Carl Van Wormer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Aug 2016 13:34:14 +0000
#4 - Our customer is assuming the noise problem cannot be solved at the noise source.  They do not have control of the motors and VFD motor drive that may be attached to their systems, so the variety of the noise sources may be infinite.

#3 - I do not assume the solution will be easy or even guaranteed, but the initial experiments in balancing the trade-offs shows promise.  Implementation gets me into the realm of “the major cause of problems is . . . solutions.”

#2 – After I explain my job to somebody and how I enjoy my work week, I usually end with “. . . and they pay me for it!”

I’m glad it was a slow TechNet week, allowing me to receive a lot of attention and suggestions.

Thanks,

Carl

​​​​​

Carl B. Van Wormer, P.E., AE7GD