TECHNET Archives

August 2016

From:
Carl Van Wormer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Carl Van Wormer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Aug 2016 14:15:35 +0000
I'm hoping to find a distributor who can supply plastic, metallic, or composite material that I can buy or get a sample of a couple of different resistivities for some experiments.  The old ESIAC analog computer used Teledeltos paper, and an old music synthesizer used a conductive plastic sheet cut in an exponential shape for a tapped voltage divider for the VCO.  I'm just hoping that somebody still makes a sample kit for something like this . . .

For my present experiments, I want to get an impedance that is low enough to give me capacitive isolation, while not stealing too much of the desired inductive coupling.  A grounded copper plate gives me total capacitive isolation, but also blocks all of the inductive coupling, acting as a shorted turn.  A ferrite plate would also short out the magnetic field that I need.  I want a Goldilocks plate.