TECHNET Archives

July 2016

From:
"Juan T. Marugan" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Juan T. Marugan
Date:
Thu, 28 Jul 2016 02:15:18 -0500
Good morning,

Regarding the solderability requirements for surface mount components (BGAs, reeled components…), I’d like to know your opinion about which could be the reasonable restriction to be flown down to a manufacturer/supplier in a purchase order.

In the past, we applied a restriction of 2 years from the DoM (MIL-STD-2000?) but it is probably out of date.

Can you provide us any suggestion? Thank you so much.

Juan Tomás Marugán
Indra Sistemas SA
Spain