TECHNET Archives

July 2016

From:
Mary Grace Keenan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Mary Grace Keenan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Jul 2016 07:27:19 -0500
I have a question regarding using the high temp solder after removing standard solder Sn63/Pb37.  After wicking away the standard solder, we need to re-solder the wiring and components using the high temp solder (Sn95/Ag5).   We are concerned that the integrity of the solder joint and the temperature rating may be negatively affected.  Is this a legitimate concern?  Any suggestions?