TECHNET Archives

July 2016

From:
David Hillman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, David Hillman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Jul 2016 07:44:55 -0500
Hello Juan! The industry expectation for the solderability of a component
is 1 year and the majority of component suppliers will provide components
with a solderability guarantee for that time period. The 2 year time period
you mentioned was an old MIL-STD-2000 clause that stated you could extend
the 1 year solderability life by conducting a solderability test and if the
component had acceptable test results, extend the solderability life the
additional year.

Dave Hillman
Rockwell Collins