TECHNET Archives

June 2016

From:
John Burke <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, John Burke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Jun 2016 09:13:17 -0700
Good morning !!

A question came up on reliability testing.

Typically PCBA's are thermally cycled as a part of reliability testing
usually for 1000 cycles.

What is the group's experience for non-military thermal cycling ranges?.

I am often asked to use 0 - 100c sometimes -40 to 85c and sometimes various
other thermal cycles picked from the JEDEC standard.

What is the groups experience for this?. I am trying to establish "normal"
practice.

Best regards,

John