TECHNET Archives

June 2016

From:
Grossmann, Günter <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Grossmann, Günter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Jun 2016 09:21:44 +0000
Jack
We are just now running cryogenic tests on a space application. PCB is standard FR4 (those guys seem to be short on money), components are space approved, SnPb solder. Cycle runs from -130°C to +70°C, gradient 3-4°C/min, dwell 1h, 300 cycles. Only problem we saw where cracks in the molding of the sub 9 connectors. I think an important  problem occurring at low temperature is the combination with vibrations due to embrittlement.

Best regards

Günter