TECHNET Archives

June 2016

From:
Date:
Wed, 1 Jun 2016 20:15:18 -0400
Some times, it is not the FR4 is in question, the assembly housing
and mounting would be.  The aluminum housing shrink rapidly may exert
extra force or bent the PWB (particularly, cyclic, it might cause few
high resistance vias).  the type of fault you don't get catch if you
only do PWA (without housing) thermal shock... many thermal shock
were done at PWA sub-assembly level, due to the thermal mass too high
at system level that take too long to reach extreme temp due to test
chamber limitation...