TECHNET Archives

June 2016

From:
Douglas Pauls <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Douglas Pauls <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Jun 2016 13:16:15 -0500
Jack,
I think your question is stated too broadly.  What aspect are you talking
about?

As others have stated, most automotive is tested to -40C, or -50C if you
come from the state just north of me - Land of 10,000 frozen moose.

Aerospace commonly goes down to -55C and in some of the more severe tests,
down to -65C.  I think you will find that reliability is more related to
the rates of transition between extremes than to the extremes itself.

Doug Pauls
Principal Materials and Process Engineer
Rockwell Collins