TECHNET Archives

June 2016

From:
Date:
Thu, 23 Jun 2016 18:40:17 +0000
I echo Bev and the other's; there is no "normal" or one-size-fits-all reliability test.
The test parameters have to be selected to accelerate the life expectancy under conditions that are beyond the worst-case situations the product may see.
Besides those mentioned, there are a number of other tests within a given reliability test for any given product.
Some examples; Torpedo guidance systems must be able to withstand not only extreme thermal ranges, but also while under extreme shock and vibration and pressure.  For the clients I work for who drill for oil in the North Atlantic and Baltic, their environmental testing on downhole product has to cycle from -50C to +150C but also under extreme vibration. But that type of testing would be waaaaay more than many other electronic products would need.