TECHNET Archives

May 2016

From:
Carl Van Wormer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Carl Van Wormer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 May 2016 19:51:20 +0000
I think it is common as a last resort . . .

I prefer finding the actual short using other methods (thermal camera with voltage and current limited supply, ToneOhm, ShortSniffer, etc.), and then using a Dremel with a dental bit to guarantee the gap between the freed-up conductors is adequate.

Later,
Carl

Carl B. Van Wormer, P.E., AE7GD
Senior Hardware Engineer