TECHNET Archives

May 2016

From:
David Hillman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, David Hillman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 May 2016 06:53:02 -0500
Hello Gunter! Exactly the IMC discussions we should be having instead of
"thick" IMC! The BGA ruptures and especially the influence of IMC phases on
soldermask defined small components such as the 0201s and 01005s as you
detailed is clearly an area we need to have better characterized/understood
so we can create DFM rules that result in acceptable product integrity. Add
in the complexity factor of lead-free solder versus tin/lead solder and its
clear the industry has lots of work to accomplish.

Dave