TECHNET Archives

May 2016

From:
David Hillman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, David Hillman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 May 2016 17:25:18 -0500
Hi Chris - some more info to add to the good comments you have already
received. If you do a paper search, you will find that Craig Hamilton from
Celestica, and Dr. Chris Hunt, NPL, both did some very good work on copper
dissolution that you may find helpful. Jeff Kennedy, Ross Wilcoxon and I
published copper dissolution work for SAC305 and SN100C at the SMTA ICSR
conference (either 2012 or 2013) that we conducted as part of the NASA DoD
Lead-free Solder Project consortia work. Figure 12 has a copper thickness
versus wave solder processing time graph that might be useful. Good Luck.

Dave Hillman
Rockwell Collins